Sunday, April 26, 2009

Run, Work in Progress



This is a work in progress, working title "Run." It's mixed media, and I would tell you all of those medias but I am instead not going to until the thing is done. I have been making a whole bunch of these weirdo faces, as evidenced by my previous two posts, which is where this collage/drawing began. Before I knew it he had a body and was running in the hills. The next step, I think, is to add some kind of explosion in the distance, inspired by an explosion symbol I have been seeing a lot of in my study of the history of Japanese manga. Here are some images I found online and scanned from the books "One Thousand Years of Manga" and the comic book story "Barefoot Gen."






And finally, just to show how amazing the monsters and creatures of Japanese art (always a huge inspiration for me) have been since basically the beginning:


No comments: